Friday, December 24, 2010

A Holiday of Feasting

This year I chose to make things simple by staying in town for Christmas.

Now while most Jews are (according to a short audio-story by Andrew) screaming at the clock, hurling books at the wall, and breaking their TVs in impatience for this dreadful holiday to end, I decided to bake.

Things started out nicely with Conjoined Baby Jesus sugar cookies, decorated with the conjoined efforts of Lizzy, Andrew, Celia, and myself.






Then yesterday I made a delicious butternut squash with ground turkey (I still have the other half! ah, what to do with it?!)

Today I started early by making oatmeal blueberry pancakes.

Then I threw bread ingredients (cheese garlic herb) into the machine. It just now beeped. Those 3 hours really do drag on!

And then I made some soup with a lot of the F2F produce: carrot, sweet potato, ginger, and beet! I am always nervous when it comes to beets, but this is actually delicious!

And finally, a frittata, which I have never made before. Not bad!

And tomorrow I will bake an apple pie, and who knows what else!

I hope everyone is eating as well as I am, and if you aren't, come help me eat all this goddamn food!

*Edit. A continuation of this bless-ed holiday, a Snow Day has befallen the people. I indeed baked that apple pie, as well as pumpkin scones that were a failure, but then last night I made up for it with pumpkin cup pies!


What else can I bake today?!

1 comment:

  1. What's for breakfast tomorrow... i'm ringing you early! :-)

    ReplyDelete