Monday, August 8, 2011

Portland "Where young people go to retire"

So I spent a lovely week in Portland, Oregon.

My dear friend Michael traveled there to attend an IVAW conference, so I went with him to see Portland, and to see our friends Hannah and Joel.

They have a lovely house and roommates, and of course, chickens!

Veggies!
Portland has more beautiful edible and non-edible plants per square foot than any other city I've seen.

Hopworks was an awesome introduction to some of the local brews.

Hannah and Joel powering the restaurant while we waited for our food.

We took a trip to the beach, and stopped to stretch our legs and gather wild berries.


I don't think Mike was enjoying himself enough.

Or Joel, clearly.

The beach was simply amazing.



We found a little shack just far enough in the grass that there was no wind at all, which made for the perfect temperature and hangout space!

We pretty much dined like kings every night. (Hannah and Joel are unimpressed by their cooking...I'd hate to let them taste even my best dishes!)


(PORTLAND COMPOSTS! )

Day care ON BIKES.

Hannah and Joel took me to the farm they have a work-share at.


Pickin' broccoli.

Jade, most awesome dog on the west coast!

Hannah and Orson.

Don't worry, I also spent plenty of time at Powells, and the PDX Art Museum. And at In Other Words, and plenty of Anarchist/Vegan Coffee shops.

Best part of my trip? I convinced Hannah and Joel to move to Philly.

I'LL SEE YOU GUYS IN OCTOBER!


No comments:

Post a Comment