Saturday, May 23, 2009

first days

Is today only my second day here? I suppose things still look ...disastrous, but in time, things will be painted and put away neatly. Still in the process of painting the bedroom, but I realize that I do need to vacuum the floor because its an inch thick of somebodys old cat. And I can't find the bamboo mats I was so set on lining the room with... so things are both fast and slow.

Several attempts led me directly to Target and the Trader Joes, so I can at least cook and shower tonight.

The most lovely surprise (aside from being able to use some lovely person's internet) is that my neighbors are having a cookout, and I was invited to meet everyone just as I got back from Trader Joes. I felt a bit like Snow White, bombarded with smiling and curious faces with names I'll never remember, not to mention 6 dogs!! They all seem very nice, and Robbie (Robert?) openly invited me to make full use of his rather shady backyard, so research on shade-loving vegetation will commence immediately after this post.

I will leave you with some images, of my apartment, as I have not gotten to go exploring without destination as of yet. Grandparents visiting tomorrow, and I have GOT to find a job.

after scrubbing most of the gook from the bottom of the fridge, was able to make it my own.

still needs painting...


no curtains in the bathroom called for some pushpins and a sheet from village thrift. Sally loves the privacy too!

I think the junk on the sill grows faster than the plants!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're on your way. Yay! I like the shower curtain.

    ReplyDelete