Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MICA: 6 Months Later

It seems as though I have survived 6 months today, as a college graduate. Also, I forgot to call my grandparents for their anniversary: all 3 of us are celebrating today!

Of course I didn't take any photographs at Takashi's opening. But Andrew and Celia came and we had a lovely time.

I think I've just been really busy and slightly overwhelmed with everything I am doing: its not as though I am exhausted, but that I am just busy enough to not be worrying about taking photographs of my daily life.

Amelia came to visit for her birthday on Saturday! I documented part of that! Okay, I had a little help:
We went to the Seaport Musuem for the tattoo exhibit: I think it was fun and entertainingly educational (I think we'd both admit we had the most fun playing with the kids educational lifesize toys...). And then we headed down to Center City for shopping! We headed toward American Apparel since Amelia had never been to one, but on the way she spotted Lush, another store she had been meaning to go to. Lush was actually surprisingly fun, and all of their soaps/bath bombs smelled really good, and felt good too! I even bought an "avobath bomb"!

We eventually made our way to South Street, which I forget other people don't get to hang out at often. We enjoyed wandering into shops, and even had some bubble tea. Dinner was at Horizons: maybe it was the good food (or maybe the wine), but we were there for two hours! Lovely acclaimed vegan cuisine, and it was good indeed. After Horizons, Andrew met us for drinks, and more good times were had!

I've been at Project Basho 3 days a week, tomorrow will be the 4th this week, and then I am going to the bakery for my last farmers market of the season (I wonder if I'll go back next year?). I took a walk today, and felt the need to take some photos: last night I watched the most recent episode of Dexter, and he referenced Henri Cartier-Bresson's "decisive moment theory", and I guess it was good timing, since I am now 6 months out of school, and I need to make every moment decisive.

Things are looking well for the Barnes&Noble Cafe job, as well as the internship with Chris Crisman (although that won't be until January). New leafs, new pages.

3 comments:

  1. you look so natural as that sailor's head! haha i love how this is the photo representitive of my 23rd birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i don't know! i guess we were having too much fun, maing.

    the special word i have to type to post this is "grensi." i kinda like it.

    ReplyDelete