Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks!

I can't wait to have time to dedicate to art again...
I bought my first brussels sprouts from the farmers market. They are pretty good, but I always end up with too much of things.

I made dinner with Brittani last week: salmon pasta.

I also made dinner with Celia last week: shrimp pasta, also we watched True Blood.

With pasta, there are less leftovers because we bring them to lunch: I am sorry to admit, those leftover brussels sprouts are stillllllll in my fridge.
I went to the fundraising party at Project Basho on Sunday, and walked the 20 minutes. It has been so lovely outside! Aside from driving being totally lame, I always forget how many more things I see/notice, and photographs I miss by not taking the time to look around.

I was supposed to meet up with my friend Amanda, who I had known in USY, (she had randomly facebook messaged me that we both live in Philly and should get together. I immediately concurred and we made an appointment) but she became too busy with grad school work, so I walked back from Basho, with a full pizza pie in my arms. The Basho newsletter didn't go out, so unfortunately we didn't get a huge turn out, but oh well. We do what we can.

For this month of fundraising, there are a few things we are doing, mainly InsiderPages, and a Prints Auction. I am donating this print, agreed upon by me and Grisha in charge of fundraising:
Driving home from Project Basho tonight, I saw old friend Erika from Eastern State, with her dog outside her house: I pulled over to say hi, and was swiftly invited in for wine. We had a great couple of hours catching up, and I met her boyfriend. She works for the Kensington CDC and happens to know a ton of awesome people. We have tentative plans for 2nd Thursday (like 1st Friday?) to see art and meet artists and be a part of the community I have so sorely missed out on, working hard and proving myself these last 6 months.

Mom is coming to Thanksgiving at Celia's on Thursday! Potluck in the form of wine and dessert, and Celia's dad doing almost everything. I need to go grocery shopping and make noodle kugel! I was distracted by Erika tonight!

Watching Who Killed the Electric Car? which is all sorts of interesting, but not so much that I can't update my blog and surf the internet at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment