Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Be Excited.

Celia knows about a restaurant in DC that is famous for its Grilled Cheese-Burgers. And so, we made some:

They are every bit as good as they look, and simple as, well, grilled cheese-burgers!

Busy is as busy does, and I have been very much so. I spent most of last week in Atlantic City house and dog sitting for Sarah's parents. It was relaxing, but I didn't do anything productive at all.

I finally painted the dresser.
I decided to finally tackle the things I have been bothered by. So today I went to the Mutter Museum for a tour with Evi, which was informative as well as re-informative. Then I took a walk on my way home, and dis
And then I realized how big this plant got.
And because I do this one every so often:
And then Andrew came over and we discovered the Kensington Library, which is incredibly small and not so much the nicest neighborhood. And then we made grilled cheese that didn't even come close to the grilled cheeseburgers I have come to know and love.

In other news, I am very excited for a few things in the (hopefully) immediate future:

I am in touch with the woman who owns the artist studios above the Rocket Cat Cafe, and I am on the waiting list for a space. I am convinced that this will make more difference in my art making than anything else has, since May.

I am signing up with Ian for the Greens Grow Farms CSA (Community Supported Agriculture).

There is another community garden closer to my house than the other one I've been trekking to, and I've been trekking there to dispose of my compost. It sort of amazes me that in our thriving Green/Sustainability obsessed nation, especially Philadelphia, that there are so few community composters! It is terribly frustrating. But this new one is getting theirs set up soon, although it might only run during the summer? Because people don't have organic material to dispose of during the cold winter months?

I am returning my car to my mom, and I will finally become a permanent user of Philadelphia's Public Transit System: as inconvenient as SEPTA can be at times, it will feel great to know that I can get anywhere I want without a car (it might simply take a lot longer, or cost a lot more for that particular trip- in the long run, it will be cheaper by far). I have been saying this for a few months now, and I have come to a realization. I spent four years at MICA with the sure knowledge that my time was much much much more valuable than my money. I didn't have tons of money to blow, but it was no question whether or not to walk home to make and eat lunch, or to buy something overpriced from the school Cafe: spending money meant saving time. Now, although my time is still valuable, the tables have turned. I am sure that when I want to visit friends in the middle of nowhere New Jersey, that I will be cursing this day during that 4 hour bus ride. But until then, especially with the help of Philly CarShare, I think I'll be doing ok, even if it means planning ahead, and having less time on my days off to sit around watching episodes of this or that on the computer.

And last but not least, I may be selling a painting on Friday. Details on the Other Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment