Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good; Antipodal Goatlegs

Goodness gracious, Puppet Uprisings last night was a lot of fun! It was two groups, Beth Nixon and The Cat Fish. The Cat Fish had an awesome rather post apocalyptic performance on a makeshift boat, but it was too dark to really photograph. And Beth's I was simply too captivated to do anything but watch, but luckily someone else was smarter than me (at a previous performance), and so this is the first third of her Antipodal Goatlegs, and if you're curious the folks assisting her are Morgan Andrews and Leslie Rogers, some other awesome puppeteers I know!



I mean, there weren't tons of puppets per say, but what a fun show!

Lots of fun people were there: Basho people, Berks Warehouse people, Baltimore people. Tons of fun. And it was outside with the fireflies and the mosquitoes which is a great way to spend a Saturday night.

Another pretty great thing, is really just Good. Andrew introduced me to Good a few weeks ago, and I really really like it. Its news but its all interesting, relevant, and all of the articles are really short and not at all overwhelming. Basically, its news for the instant gratification hip college age demographic, and I like it!

Through them I even learned about this new website that connects you to volunteer opportunities: Catchafire. I know I have had some serious difficulty trying to volunteer for different groups, that either it takes so long that by the time it comes through I'm already in a different state, or they never get back to you, or you end up not finding any organization that you feel comfortable working with (I mean really, imagine me sawing wood). So, for those of you seeking out some volunteer opportunities this summer, either to give back to the community, meet new people, or just do something productive with your endless summer days of free time, try Catchafire, and I'd love to hear how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment