Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Itching for the Future, Enjoying Today!


'
An update on my herbs! They look great! I finally cooked with some of them last night: mashed potatoes with cilantro and scallions, and mushrooms with onions and a whole mix of herbs! Just threw em in the pot! It was a bit overwhelming, but I'll get the hang of it. Oh and also, I've decided to add sage to the list. So soon it'll be 18 herbs! Good number, and the rightmost smartpot is a little empty looking anyway.


So I have officially moved down to 3 days a week at the Mutter, the Census is all but over, I have a lot of ghost tours, including one tonight just for Elizabeth, her mom, and Celia- free of charge of course!

I have been in the studio a lot, soon to bake some faces and generally getting things going. I've also been reading a lot. I finished Helen Fisher's Why We Love, and if you'd like a briefing on the subject, you can watch the following video:



I am reading Murakami's Norwegian Wood, but mostly while at work. And at home I am reading Diarmaid Macculloh's Christianity. Both incredible books, but for different reasons, obviously.

I found this pudgy little cappytiller on the herbs I didn't plant in the garden. I potted them in a pot and then gave them to Amelia when she was here last week. But by then he had disappeared.


This guy got repotted today!
Look at this lovely avocado! It has lots of attempted stems, so I'm not sure if I did something wrong... several times... or if he just likes to try things to see what the difference is. But this one seems to be the guy, he's got little leaves on the top ready to spread their wings.

It finally cooled off today, but Hans is getting shaved soon!

And all this warm weather and good literature and herbs just make me itch for a good Kerouacian adventure... even just a few days of craziness... I'm looking forward to my trip to Boston and Providence in the fall. But that's so far away. Itching for the future is the opposite of enjoying today!

No comments:

Post a Comment