Friday, June 25, 2010

Tropical Apartment!

The Air Conditioner has been in use, and Hans is thrilled! Honestly, I have to admit, its nice. But, I don't have it too cold in here either.

We have to keep it warm enough for the avocado!
Not to mention the palm tree!

If you can spot the new growths, good for you!

Really not too much to report, CSA day was yesterday, with lots of delicious stuff. I finally used the cucumbers from last week when I made the avocado&cucumber soup last night, and it is delicious! Arugula&parm cheese pasta for lunch for the next few days and kale and we each got one peach. And its blueberry season... there aren't enough blueberries in the whole world for me. So, I think I'll buy some from Trader Joes and enjoy them all week long! Summertime!

And just a few hours later, reading The Bell Jar, got distracted and decided to finally put the avocado in soil. And then got so mad at the Dill for growing into a monster that I cut his flowers off. Well, its ok, because apparently they lose a lot of flavor once they flower! So, I've found some recipes for dill flower butter and of course pickling recipes, but I'd have to buy butter or cucumbers. But they're so beautiful!



Good thing I have work tomorrow, meaning grocery shopping! Followed by Puppet Uprisings at Emerald Street Farm!Link

No comments:

Post a Comment