Monday, October 18, 2010

...And Providence!

Providence was nice too! Unfortunately it was entirely too rainy, and one day, we didn't even leave the apartment. But there was lots to do there, including Settlers of Catan, and lots of food to be baked, cooked, and ...souped?






I really, REALLY, don't know what I would have done if I had gone to RISD. Some of these hills are really dangerous! I imagined slipping down the hill with a big wet painting... no. no. Never.

The Rolypig made me SO happy!


Julie even came in one day to go to a TED talk at RISD with me. Well, not actually a TED talk, but rather a talk with the guy who started TED: Richard Saul Wurman. Julie wasn't feeling it, but I stayed the whole time. I find listening to interesting people incredibly enjoyable, even when they're just rambling (and sometimes, especially then).

I went to the RISD museum with Patrick, Noah's boyfriend. It was WAY more extensive than I had expected, and I really enjoyed it.

I even, once again, found a Stevens painting! (Twice in one trip! Imagine my delight!)

Patrick and I also went to the Culinary Museum at Johnson&Wales. It was actually a ton of fun. The museum itself was pretty small, but just packed with awesome old cooking stuff! The labels were well-written, even some of the individual exhibits were incredibly impressive. But, we had worked up such an appetite that we were prepared to pay top dollar for J&W cooked food, but apparently they have no such place on their own campus? Appalling.

The last night I was there, we went to an awesome Poetry Slam sort of thing. It really made me miss writing.
Kitty.

But I had to come home eventually: Hansie missed me soooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment