Saturday, September 25, 2010

And More and More and More!

Well this week was my last week volunteering at Project Basho. I met a lot of people that I will continue to see, and I discovered some awesome resources that I will probably continue to not use. Except that I did finally get my film processed from NYC/Brooklyn, and the images did come out, so I'll make a point to use Basho's Negatives Scanner in the near future. My camera being in working order also means that I can take it with me to Boston&Providence next week!! I can even fit it in my beautiful new hiking backpack (ordered off Ebay for cheap, but it totally serves my purposes!).

And when I return from far-away-lands, I will have yet another volunteer job awaiting me: yes, that's right folks, I am officially the new volunteer at the UPenn Archaeology&Anthropology Museum's Archives Department!

I will be working there Thursday mornings (meaning I'll have to get up early on my day off, BUT, I'll be home by early afternoon and hopefully will go right to the studio for some daytime painting of Leslie's kitchen (on the 4x5 canvas I stretched weeks ago. It's coming along quite nicely!) And I even have plans to audit my friend Erika's Architecture class at UPenn on Wednesday mornings. (And I won't even mention the new yoga studio by my house, because then I won't regret talking about it when I end up not going with Celia like we are promising each other we will).

So there's a lot going on! Including, of course, food: the CSA continues to be delicious (lots of squash: squash pasta, squash soup!) and even local honey this week! Last week Mom and Nanny came for dinner at Alma de Cuba (we are really making our Stephen Starr rounds) and Mom liked her birthday earrings (purchased at my favorite local jewelry store Tselaine) and Nanny had a box mailed to me because it was SO heavy, but it included lots of cookies and an asparagus cooker (in which I fully intend to cook pasta and other goodies), but because one tiny box is hardly enough to fill every nook and cranny of my apartment with food and other potentially necessary objects, she brought some boxes with her too.

And lastly, Christiane and Jessica have been graduated from Phase One of Jen Brown Fishtown Integration Orientation 101: they were introduced to, and approved of by the one and only Celia Caust-Ellenbogen. I am looking forward to a beautiful autumn of pretty ladies, knitting (finally) Amelia's poncho, squash, archives, studio, and maybe even some damned yoga. But first it must all begin with a trip to Boston, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, the Museum of Fine Arts, Julie, Lowell, Kerouac's grave, Providence, Noah, and more and more and more!

*Apologies that all of my images this post were savagely stolen from the interweb.

No comments:

Post a Comment