Saturday, August 8, 2009

Flowers at the Market

Aww baby eggplant!! He is HUGE!
Wee little cuke!
Bakery today, Saturdays are so long, and yet I did not take a nap today. The day even goes faster than my other days because there is so much going on, especially once we are actually out of the bakery. And the Saturday market is always especially nice because the Lancaster boys across from us always bring us treats, and of course we treat them right back. But today, they were extra sweet and brought me the last bouquet, since they usually run out but did not today. How lovely!
The only thing about the Saturday market that gets to me is that it really does limit my weekend activities. Not that I really do that much, but I did sort of want to go to First Friday this month, and only too soon will it be too cold for that, of course also meaning the end of the market and that I could go... (side note to that link: Fishtown sort of does its own First Friday, as we are a stunningly hip place). At least I got to listen to the hooplah outside my window, from The Caterpillar (stolen image link) as I fell asleep.
I always have such a terrible time with thinking ahead, both with excitement and fear for the unknown. I wonder if I'll be a regular at First Fridays next summer, or if I'll still be with the bakery, which of course has different perks. Also, I have to mention, now that I am slowly attaining most of my humble short-term life goals, I have turned to pining away for... real estate. I spend minutes on end staring at online postings for available buildings in the area, buildings I could potentially own, renovate, and love, while renting half out to trendy yet respectful youngsters trying to make their way as I am doing now. Oh real estate.... and with that, it's time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment