Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bugs on the tomatoes.


well nothing much has really happened. Lauren visited last Saturday, to pick up her paintings:

I never actually got a shot of them together, but this photoshopped image is pretty believable eh?
In the meantime, the garden is doing well. The First Cucumber.
Eggplants on the way!
However, I think some bugs are teaming up with the squirrels:
But the babies still look good.
More eggplant!
The cucumbers are relentless!
And everybody smells so good!
Hans also smells good.

I love this shot, what a model!




Its been hot this last week, but the fan in the open window fixes almost everything. And ice cubes fix the rest. Hans agrees, although I think he doesn't understand why dipping his paw in the water makes him upset, because he does it every few seconds, as though trying to figure this thing out...

Hans' favorite bottle cap of the week.
The bag of pastries from work. (Okay, one of the bags of pastries) next to the applejuice I bought and have not put in the fridge, and the compost bucket.


What hasn't been photographed? Well, I finally finished watching Six Feet Under. What a great show. What an ending. Gosh. And that night, Celia talked me into starting True Blood, Alan Ball's second show. I really think Twilight ruined any real nostalgia I felt for vampire lore, but True Blood is not bad, Alan really does a good job.

Tonight is Celia and Andrew help Jen celebrate all the produce she got for free from the other vendors at the Saturday market! Corn, Arugula, tomatoes, not to mention all the bread and pastries... Good grief!

Also noteworthy: I still have not given a tour at ESP. It is becoming more frustrating every day, despite the fact that I really (really) don't mind being paid to read all day. It's just the principle of the thing.

I am late for dinner. And I had a snack. Uh-oh.

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady I miss you too!

    and those look like bird bites on that tomato :( poor little guy

    ReplyDelete