Monday, August 10, 2009

Traffic Court

Took the day off to go to Traffic Court for that wee little incident just a few weeks after I moved here. Maybe I didn't mention it: big intersection, bad signs, and a small ramp made invisible by overgrown shrubbery and the like, all combined to convince me to turn down the one way street (also a helpful clue was the two cars on the appropriate side of the road for a two-lane street) however, this was all terribly wrong, according to the kindly police officer who awarded me a hefty fine for my troubles and after some arguing, finally backed up to let me take the ramp I had been seeking all along. So two months later I went to court, and now there are once again no points on my license, which in my book means I won. Cheers?

However I did get to stop by the Edgar Allen Poe house on the walk back to the El.
Although it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
But I did manage to get some El tokens (not sold at the nearest three stops from my house, meaning I usually have to pay more for passage), by going a stop further which ended up being a lovely Ipod enjoyable journey, thanks to the Animal Collective, who are really weaseling their way into my heart (yes, I know I am a little late, thanks for the tip).

The new Kensington High School for the Creative and Performing Arts is making a ton of progress. It is at the Berks stop and will be open in September 2010; I wonder if they have any job availabilities.

Maybe I should post less of the garden, but that's half the blog by now, isn't it?
Baby pepper.
Eggplant is my pride and joy, and nobody had better eat it. I wonder if it is poisonous uncooked to anyone else besides humans?
cucumberz
materz
And those little tomatoes I planted from seeds a while ago, most of them died but two survived and are sort of thriving!

On a side note, Wildflour made the paper! Best sourdough bread! Nishon told me that someone actually is keeping a blog about our sourdough, but I've looked, and haven't found it.

I think today is a reading day. Celia is gone for the week visiting family, and there are still a ton of people I have bad about seeing. But, art history! Hyped for Bacon on Wednesday! Lastly, I have to mention how wonderful baked basmati rice with spinach and cheese is! Heavenly!

2 comments:

  1. cucumber flowers are so beautiful. isn't it wonderful when vegetables also have flowers!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the lancaster boys once said to a little girl that some specific vegetable was once a flower. :)

    ReplyDelete