Monday, January 25, 2010

23.1

I've been working a lot: full time for two weeks until my training is done. But starting next week I'll have off Monday-Thursday, and will be spending every Monday all day Monday at the darkroom, for my volunteer shift and also to get work done! At least two of the other days will be for getting work done, and I will also be reading the entire Art of the Avant-Gardes by Steve Edwards and Paul Wood, with the incentive that the the new Picasso and the Avant-Garde in Paris will be at the PMA in February.

This my new coffee table! I have a few new projects in mind, including painting this table a rosy-cream color, and the dresser will be a cobalt blueish lavender. Also, I'll be building an over-the-door pot rack, which will give me more cupboard space for things like more produce.

Working across the street from Trader Joes is awesome, especially when I get tips on the weekends, and can pop into Trader Joes for some fresh produce before going home.

Celia came over last night, and brought dinner (ratatouille), so we could go see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus without having to make dinner beforehand. I liked the movie, although parts of it weren't thoroughly explained, and it is easy for me to dismiss those things because Heath Ledger died half way through filming, and its amazing that they were able to finish the film, so a few loose ends here and there are excusable, but.... not really. It was beautiful and entertaining, although nothing so incredible plotwise. But of course, Heath is/was a beautiful man and this film was no exception.

I hadn't mentioned to Celia that it was my birthday when I went to New York, and so she brought me a cake last night (which happened to be my grandmother's birthday), and so if you read this correctly, I am approximately 23.1 years old.(tiny christmas trees picked meticulously out of christmas themed funfetti)And to our delight, we realized I was dressed up as my apartment. What might be more apparent is how messy my apartment was! I cleaned today of course, and if you can spot where Hans is hiding, you win!

1 comment: