Friday, January 29, 2010

Good Eats

Today was my last day training at the Mutter, so, awesome!

I've been really into salads again, ever since I decided to buy an avocado from Trader Joe's as soon as I've eaten the last one. I love avocados because they really give you time to gauge when they'll be used, and therefore, what for! And if nothing else, throw half of it, cubed, into a salad! (What to do with the other half? Easy: save it! A potentially absurd device, I have learned to love it, because it really does save almost perfectly the other half of the avocado! And its always silly to buckle it into place) Also, sliced hardboiled egg? Fantastic.What else? Oh, Trader Joes sells pizza dough for 99¢, which was fantastic when I went to Celia's to make dinner for us before she got home... just in time to eat and head off to King of Prussia Mall, in search for affordable yet fashionable clothing (as usual, mostly a dud of an excursion).
But the pizza was awesome! One mushrooms and pesto and cheese on plain dough, and the other tomato, onion and cheese on (I think) garlic herb dough.I'm not the biggest fan of gingerbread, but I think this purchase from the Mutter Museum is a sure call for sugar cookies!

I also bought the Bread and Bread Machine Bible, and I can't wait to use it (oh wait, yes I can... I'll wait until I think I can eat that much bread in a matter of days... now?)

3 comments:

  1. 1.) Hans is so handsome. Has he been neutered? Wikket is getting to the boyfriend stage..
    2.) That cookie-cutter is genius
    3.) I will call you soon :( promise

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great photo of hans!!!
    your blog is turning into a "I love food and look how I awesome my meals are" blog. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i did indeed neuter him, but i'd be for cloning, or dna replicating at least. i just cant handle balls.

    i LOVE this cookie cutter, i never got into gd or perfect images like this, but i am obsessed with how perfect this thing is.

    i always love to hear from you darcey, but i am aware that things are going on, so take your time!

    ekaterinnnaaa so what, i DO love food! (and guess what, i had sushi TWICE today!) ALSO I AM ABOUT 20 SECONDS FROM PAINTING.

    ReplyDelete