Thursday, January 7, 2010

Catching Up

I went to New Jersey for Christmas and the days following it. I saw lots of good people, and several of them I haven't seen in years! I slept on couches, shared beds, and even took a shower or two. It was really nice to immerse myself in social life for a week. Celia watched Hans, and I missed him, but knew he was in good hands.

I had been determined to document my journey with my twin lens camera, and did a fairly good job of carrying it around with me at all times, and I took photographs of many of the people I got to see. Unfortunately I ruined the film while processing it myself on Monday... I guess two years is long enough to forget how the hell to process film. In any case, I didn't take any digital photographs and now only have fond memories.

I love Hans' sleepy eyes!
And Hans' "You caught me!" eyes.

Again!
I also finally bought a fantastic new dresser. I decided that although unemployed, I had better make use of my hanukkah money, or suffer the wrath of doting grandparents.

I had two great interviews last week, and I really think I'll be offered one or both jobs. Of course I'm rooting to be the new coat check girl at the Mutter Museum, rather than a bank teller, but one can't be too picky. Still waiting for the phone call...

Since I got back from Jerseying, I have been remarkably busy: I did almost nothing all December, and now everyone wants to see me! Ekaterina came to see the Gorky show at the PMA with me, and I have to say I liked it. The audio was lacking, but the progression of works was educational and enjoyable! I even did a few sketches. That night, after sharing great art online back and forth, I took Ekaterina to the train, and started a new painting in my kitchen.

Other great things include my mom having given me her old bread maker, and of course my actual hanukkah gift, a food processor which doubles as a blender:

2 comments:

  1. Soo sad that the double lens film got scrapped =( But you do still have all those *lovely* pictures from Spinks' camera.

    And Hans looks like a stuffed animal in that picture of him in the box

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last photo is mouthwatering...

    ReplyDelete