Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Big Snow

I went on a cleaning spree, and finally organized some bookshelves, and gave Hans the bottom part of the small one, to add to his cavernous box hoarding habits.
Tomatoes are doing very well!
And then the snow came. Apparently its the second biggest snowfall Philadelphia has seen since they started recording.As I was taking pictures of the snow, I noticed this guy, hanging out atop the bar across the street:
My once rooftop garden:
Hans pondering this stuff!
Now that I am so used to spending my time alone, and rather calmly, any sort of movement makes me nervous. I went to Sarah's this weekend for her Christmas party, but spent much too long fidgeting about the trip. Of course the snow didn't help, but everything turned out just fine, and we had a lovely time.

Sarah, Megan, Amelia, and Sarah's sister Kate.
So much fun! Cleaning off the cars!
In addition to feeding everyone, Sarah's parents even got us small gifts, mine was this lovely candle. Our first candle, and of course Hans wants it all for himself.
It really does smell nice in here. I just need to avoid temptation to play with the wax, I always ruin my best candles by playing with them!
And Hanukkah is over, but I hadn't gotten around to photographing this beauty: my grandmother found this awesome sake set at her thrift store. Of course all she does is gape at how much beer I consume, so I can do my part by finding some sake and at least being foreign and therefore classy about it? Haha!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sad I couldn't make it to Sarah's this weekend =( Far too much snow and dangerous roads between here and there. Lovely sake set. Hope to see you at my party on the 28th? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is your party actually happening? like, i'll be living out of my car, and couchsurfing for the week, so i need to know much sooner than later, to plan ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Now that I am so used to spending my time alone, and rather calmly, any sort of movement makes me nervous."

    well said. That's how I feel sometimes, I just didn't know how to put it into words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not had sushi in forever. I say we must have it together, should we ever meet again... oh but of course we will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is to say, pretty pictures, and Hans is becoming so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am glad my words and pictures please the eyes of other humanoids. hah! darcey, we need to chillax! come to philly, or i'll come to lancaster. i have two interviews soon, and i dont know when i'll be tied down with work, but i will put my foot down with getting a few days off in a row once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have got to stop making faces that make me look like steve buscemi.

    ReplyDelete