Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Studio Apartment

As I still have no internet at my apartment, posting has been a bother. I currently sit inside the Rocket Cat Cafe, not yet enjoying my much-too-hot yet incredibly-fresh coffee, and croissant which is destined to make me thirsty enough to attempt the coffee. Better things to to, like post to my blog! But, ya'll should check out the Rocket Cat because the above photograph is actually the recently done side of the Rocket Cat, a fantastic work of art by Shepard Fairey, who of course is best known for the following images

http://www.designlessbetter.com/blogless/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/shepard-fairey_barack-hopethumbnail.jpg

http://www.graffiti.org/faq/kataras/kataras_fig3Fairey.jpg

and of course you may recognize the people in that photo as well, since Amelia, Kayla and Kevin came to visit last weekend for the awesome Gogol Bordello show at the Electric Factory! We enjoyed a lot of things including bubble tea, and a trip to the Archaelogy and Anthropology museum and also harassing classical sculptures just outside it.



The Studio is going really well! I have been using it daily, and have even begun a topsy-turvy doll which will of course have one side regular-doll, and the other side medusa-doll. Who knew I can sculpt?! I just need to learn how to sew.

I am headed out now, since Nick from the Mutter is moving to North Carolina today, to attend a pre-med program. He happens to be driving through Baltimore, and is giving me a ride, how awesome! I will be there to see awesome people, eat awesome food, and of course see awesome art, since Artwalk is Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment