Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Many photos; few words

Beautiful tomatoes from the Lancaster boys on Saturday
Hans is getting so big!I moved some of the windowsill plants around, so the indoor basil is there now. He isn't doing much, and I haven't actually used any of his leaves.This one twig from the second bouquet I got from the Lancaster boys actually sprouted some roots, so I put him in some water and finally into some dirt yesterday.The garden is actually doing really well, but the squirrel has gotten almost every piece of produce all summer. It was nice to grow things, but what a stupid waste.This is what the basil looked like yesterday. Not anymore...This eggplant was also there yesterday, but was stolen by Squirrly this morning. I saw it.Last night Celia and I made pesto! With all the basil in the garden. I think it made just over two cups. Some photo documentation:We had a simple pasta with jarred vodka sauce, and pesto on some sourdough bread. Lovely dinner!

Other news: Landlord came and said he will replace the kitchen window!
I have to get my car inspected today! I totally forgot all summer!
I am going to Baltimore soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment