Thursday, September 24, 2009

Three (?) Jobs... AND an Internship?

So I have bangs, and I like them. Great.
I finally took some photos of the murals on the walk to the Metro. I usually walk there later in the day and its too dark.
They are pleasant on the eyes.

Anyway Barnes and Noble went well. I filled out an application and attached a resume, and I met the Cafe Manager, Jeremy. Bridget from Eastern State had told me to ask for him, since her husband is the store manager. And it can't hurt that everyone loves her, so I mentioned to Jeremy that she sent me to him. Score. He said he'll call me for a formal interview, but I don't need the job til November 30th so who knows if we can think that far in the future.

Some photos of Hans to break up some other things going on:

I had my formal introduction to Project Basho. I start Monday, wahoo!
I have been in touch with a Philadelphia Photographer named Chris Crisman. Mom met him at some Tall Club shindig, and accosted him into giving her his card. For some reason I looked at his website, and was sort of amazed at how lovely his work is. And of course, that he photographed Regina, I was sold. I emailed him 4 months ago, and he emailed me back last week. He would like to take me on as his intern. But again, I'm a little busy until December, but I guess its time to get crazy.
Nishon has been a little busy at work, driving orders to restaurants, since they fired a lot of their staff for being more or less completely incompetent. So I got back from the farmers market today and he was also decorating a cake. I told him if he would teach me, I could totally do that! So he took me right into the back and told me to write "Happy Birthday Jess" on a cake, but I was too scared! I practiced on the table but then bolted out the door because I wanted to go see Regina in concert at the Electric Factory. But I was not about to pre-order tickets: all the service fees add up to a $60 ticket. So I decided that I would see her only if there were tickets at the door for the simple, cheap up-front fee. Of course this was not so smart, since they were sold out. But with the $10 parking, it would have been all the money I made working today, so I'm sort of relieved that I didn't have to spend all that. I've seen her before, so its not the end of the world.

(I stole this photo off the internet, gosh how cute).
The cute little beading stick from the farmers market bouquet, planted, is doing really well.
Cute, in the new window. Marty needs to cut the yellow gook away. Sigh.

2 comments: