Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kayla and Brittani visit!

Kayla came to visit since I had a few days off. Her friend Brittani works in Northern Liberties, and is soon moving to Fishtown, several blocks from me. I have met her several times over the years (mostly in Kadima, and also once when she brought a pony to Kayla's front porch early one morning and called, insisting we wake up).

So the three of us took a lovely walk, stopping by the stable Brittani works at, and said hello to the horses.
We walked by the recently ritzy Northern Liberties and commented on their beautiful houses, interesting cars, and somewhat sporadic flower choices.
Kayla noticed these lovely birds painted on a building.
We passed by a mural of buggy rides, and Brittani knew which one she was, centuries ago.
Kayla is down with Ben Franklin, and I am down with this sculpture!

We ended up walking all the way down to Bistrot La Minette, which I cannot emphasize enough, was delicious! I had read in City Paper that on Mondays they show a film, and what luck that it was a favorite of mine, Love Me If You Dare, (Jeux d'Enfants in French- translation, Children's Games). I realize lately how much I really do like fine dining and films.
It was a lovely evening, and today Kayla and I just hung about, and put together my last bookcase. When she left, I lengthened the legs of the kitchen table, so the chair feels less ridiculous in its height.

Work tomorrow, and I had better study for my Penitentiary History Test!

2 comments:

  1. One of these days when our days off align, I shall come visit.

    and how do you get such nicely lighted pictures like that last one with Kayla and Hans? Any particular camera setting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, well i get particularly nice light in my apt, and i have about 6 light settings in my camera, for natural, auto, shade, incandescent, etc. so i usually fuck around with 'em until i like the result. THEN i fool the light meter by focusing somewhere other than the focal point and it often takes several attempts before the perfect one.

    and please come visit, but heads up, we might need to make plans a few weeks in advance

    ReplyDelete