Friday, October 23, 2009

Caramel Bees and Books

Well I hadn't posted because of a shortages of photographs taken, and of course now I have too many images.
Repotted Old Leafy in a lovely yellow pot my grandmother may have accidentally given me. (Thanks!)
Peppers from my roof!

I have been building Hans a scratching post, but he seems to like the boxes I am cutting for it much more, especially when I shoved them together to conserve space:




Crazy cat.
John&Kira's chocolates are sort of a big deal around here. They happen to be at both markets I work at (only since about a month ago) and I help them with their tent sometimes. I offered the girl some bread, and she gave me some "Caramel Bees", I was wondering what the hell that meant, until I cracked open the box!

Adorable!

Well, I guess in other news I finished a really awesome book, Marina Warner's The Image of Female Heroism: Joan of Arc. That link is actually awesome: you can read the first chapter. Its probably the only nonfiction book I have read front to back, and was just loved 97% of it. This book was recommended to me by a professor, and I didn't piece together that actually another book was recommended to me by her, From the Beast to the Blonde, and I realized this connection on Monday, after I finished the book. Joan was much earlier in her career. So of course I love her, and ordered the second one, about Fairy Tales and Their Tellers. I just really love good writing. I started Kierkegaard's The Seducer's Diary today. I miss reading all those crazy Germans. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment