Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Steady as She Goes

Well things have been going pretty well. I've been learning everything Anne has to teach. Today was my last day with her, as our schedules conflict until she leaves on Monday, but we both feel confident in my taking over at this point. I even learned enough HTML to update the website and newsletter! Lunch was got at Quince, which is delicious and delightful. (Notice the photograph for their website was taken by Tsuyoshi: we're all tight.)

Afterwards we went out for a drink and ran into Al, another Basho guy. Then we walked through the Piazza and ran into some of Anne's Tyler friends who were there to hang out and watch The Game. We ended up hanging out for quite a bit, playing hand-ball against the building and avoiding playing casually-avoid-cops-while-holding-beer along with the hundreds of other people doing the same thing. Her friends also live in Fishtown. Its strange to think that had I gone to Tyler (it was never really an option for me, but I had checked it out) that these are three people I most likely would have met there.

Tonight makes the second fun-coworker etc night in a week, since last Friday some ESP guys and I went to Toby's show. He emceed a variety show, that was really only worthwhile with some booze in our bellies. But it was pretty good fun, especially in that I did not have the bakery the next day: it was officially my first full-length Friday night with booze, and it was nice to spend it with newly made friends. Add that times two and different friends, pretty cool.

I also went to Abbaye (a Belgian Gastropub, still without a website) with Celia last week, which proved to be pretty delicious, even though there was a definite misprint online about when their restaurant week ended.

I am realizing that I have been to quite a few bars since I moved here:
Johnny Brendas
The Lost Bar: Atlantis
Silk
The Belgian
Jacks Firehouse
The Urban Saloon
North Star
Standard Tap

and probably a few more.

Another thing on my resume, is of course Terror Behind The Walls. I finally went last night with Celia, Ian, and Alli. Ian has some kind of plague, and Alli has pink eye, but the tickets were bought and everyone had a pretty good time. The fast passes made a world of difference and we ended up splitting the cost of the extra tickets, $5 each, MUCH better than $35 a piece on a Saturday, without fast passes... But again considering our appreciation for such complimentary things, we really enjoyed it. I wasn't so much scared, especially knowing how hard the guys worked on it all summer, I was more marveling at how much they had done, and the fact that none of it is permanently installed. It was pretty impressive!

Well I finally have the bakery again tomorrow: I am in sore need of carbs, because the loaves of bread I have in my fridge and freezer aren't doing a good enough job.

No comments:

Post a Comment