Friday, April 23, 2010

Fantastic Planet

Maybe this Jade plant is good luck already! Or maybe I made my own luck by adopting him, because some pretty rad stuff has been dropping by to say hey for a few months now.

Yesterday as I was painting in Ian's apartment (lucky, I was being productive!), I got a call from the Census, offering me the job as an enumerator, beginning in May with 4 days of paid training! (Lucky, I scored a 95% and then assumed they didn't call for a month because I only speak English, but they were just being lazy I guess).

And best of all, some friends from Baltimore are into putting on plays as an art form, and so they are doing a rendition of Fantastic Planet. I thought I wouldn't be able to see it, since they were performing it in Baltimore, but they are on tour for a few days and played at the OX, which is really close to my house. I brought Andrew and Andre, and I think they liked it. And then my friend John and some other guys came back to my place ...ok, Ian's place to crash for the night. It was so awesome to see Mike and John and even the faces I barely recognized. It was a pretty good night.

And I noticed a few days ago, one of my (too many) avocado seeds is sprouting beautifully. And I bought some parsley for dinner with Celia, and threw the extra in water: they are beginning to root! And in celebration of Earth Day, I finally planted some seeds in some peat pots. I planted mustard and pole beans and some sweet pea. This really is one fantastic planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment