Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Springtime in Fishtown

I woke up to rain, but now it is sunny and the birds are chirping and the windows are open!


So the House Plant is a Coleus! And I am glad I know his name now (thanks Amelia!) because I awoke today to there only being two little guys on the windowsill, and three little pots. HANS! Yes, Hans had eaten the weakest one. But then I looked at the mommy Coleus, and decided that she needed a trim again, so we are starting from scratch, and why not?

I had my second audition thing with the Ghost Tours and it was much better than last week. Do not ask me about last week!

The Census never called me. And I thought a 95% was goddamn impressive! But Grisha says that they would be much more likely to call me if I knew another language. But, I am not giving up hope, and maybe I'll even call them eventually. But right now I am focusing my energy on finding a studio. It is tricky business, let me tell you!

But these shoes are fantastic, are they not?

I bought them when I went shopping with Erika a few weeks ago. Perhaps the first pair of shoes ever that didn't need to be broken in, and also, honestly my first pair of sandals since middle school.

In other news, I enjoyed First Friday with Celia, Elizabeth, their friend Jessie, and Andrew too! We mostly stayed at ExtraExtra Gallery, across the street. I had been invited by Leslie Rogers, a fellow MICAn who I only recently realized I know. It turns out that the performances were mostly MICA students, and since I wasn't close with any of them, I haven't seen any of their recent work, but it was wonderful to see what they have been up to. All the performances we saw were thought provoking, humorous, and well done. Don't take my word for it, they were the star of this post of The Art Blog on Fishtown's First Friday on Frankford Ave! You can even watch a bit of Leslie performing!

Hans loves the windows open. I even let him out on the roof yesterday with his harness and leash! If only there were more he could explore without the danger of fleas and other icky critters.

They are jackhammering outside my building again. I guess that's what you get for living in the newest cool part of town!

2 comments:

  1. I love how little Hans is the enforcer of natural selection eating the weakest things in your apartment.

    Word on the street (and by street I mean Gchat) is that you found a snazzy little studio.

    ReplyDelete