Monday, April 19, 2010

Small Spaces, Wide World

This morning, I helped Ian bring the rest of his stuff out to his car. He moved to Pittsburgh today. He'll be back in May to get one more carload, and he officially pays rent until July. But its strange to have been here less than a year and to have met Noel and Ian, watched Noel leave and be replaced by Ally, watched Ally leave, and finally say goodbye to Ian. Gert and I have decided to personally advertise and choose who gets to live here. The apartment beneath Ian's will be opening up over the summer as well. So, anyone looking for an awesome place to reside, here it is!

Speaking of residences, Apartment Therapy is hosting their 6th annual Small, Cool Spaces contest. Obviously I qualify because I live in a small space (well under the 400 square foot mark, their smallest category: Teeny Tiny), but I also live in an awesome space. I took some new photos and had to pick the best 5, and I am hoping they post my entry, but since they might not, here were my entries (I even cleaned up a bit for the photo shoot!):



Pretty damn cool, if you ask me.

Cool enough to work at Urban Outfitters? I had applied back in November, and received a call for a group interview this week. Talk about prompt. I decided to postpone the interview on account of I don't know what will be happening at the Mütter, since I have heard some rumors of a coworker quitting soon. But its a nice thought, to work 7 days a week and have a sweet discount on awesome clothes... Too bad I just paid my deposit on a studio space, since I can use Ian's for a few months yet. But I need to devote time to making art, and I am still convinced that I'll do better making art around other art-makers.

Although I have been writing a lot lately.

And here's something just a little controversial, to start the week off right.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome photos... but where is Hans??!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, he was sleeping under the bed. I tried to get him to model on the couch, but I had a hard time getting that shot anyway. It is really funny that he's always in the way, except for when you need him.

    Darcey, did you see, he's been using his harness on the roof! How is Wikket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolie cool small space.

    Yay for writing. and yay for the point again with the shock performance art.

    P.S. you're talking the Martha Washington. I will fuck you up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely awesome space.
    As for the performance chick, I like Marina more.
    Besides, that chick is not that pretty to look at and she's naked all the time. I think if you're going to be naked, have a nice body. At least.

    ReplyDelete