Wednesday, July 8, 2009

books, watchtowers, and delicious foods

I suppose I should post more often with a smaller bombardment of images, now shouldn't I?

To begin, I have been getting so much reading done at work! Once I finished Steppenwolf, I read Candide, and then The Stranger, and started Grendel today.

I also realized that I need to get the ball rolling with the "tour guide" part of the job, and long story short, I should be giving my first tour next week. Exciting? Terrifying? I need to study.

Ally came to visit for a few days, staying with Laura, our old roommate, the first night, and with me the second. She was in Jersey visiting and house sitting her sister's house while she is on her honeymoon. We had a great time, even though it was just a few days. The second night was at my place, with Laura and Jordan visiting for dinner and kitten playtime:


And some twisted tea, which then served as a wonderful toy!

Ally!
Laura and Jordan!
The day I had Ally to myself, we went to the PMA, but we parked by Eastern State because I know where good parking is there. And since she hadn't been there, I took her. We also got to go up to the guard tower, which is only a privilege to tour staff and other administration.
Lucky her!
Views from the tower, pretty cool eh?
If you look closely, and you happen to have seen Transformers2, you'll recognize the Industrial Yard. Eastern State was featured as the Transformers Hideout. (ESP staff are going to see it Monday. I'll let you know how it was, but I hear it's damn year awful).
Then Ally and I walked to the PMA, where we saw wonderful things, but I have already taken pictures of most of it.
But I did find this beauty!


Last night Celia and Andrew joined me in the 20 minute drive to Wegmans. We got sushi ingredients and I got all sorts of other goodies too. We came back, made sushi, and were glad. I had enough to bring to work today, and Colleen had the last few pieces, and declared them to be good: she is now a sushi fan.
I had leftover salmon, so I made a creamy salmon pasta dish. But now I have leftover scallions. haha, I guess this is how I'll be deciding meals for a while, eh?

Saturday is Bastille Day, and our reinactment at the penitentiary. Although I'll have the bakery all morning, I think I'll go anyway. Celia wants to go too.

I think tonight is a spinning yarn sort of night, for a while at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment