Sunday, July 19, 2009

A couple of Foodies.

Apparently movies just keep getting cancelled! First Transformers2, then Harry Potter with Celia on Thursday: we went all the way to Penn's Landing, I brought fresh bread and pastries from the bakery that day, and Celia brought fantastic cheeses and cherries... and wine! But then it rained. However, we made up for it by bringing the fiesta back to my apartment where we watched The Shape of Things, luckily found on Netflix Instant, and I just have to recommend it, as Celia did to me.
Fast Forward to today at work, when I realized I hadn't thought about dinner tonight. But Celia left me the rest of the wine, and I thought, White Wine Cream Sauce! So Celia came over, and we made delicious dinner.
With the frozen chicken breasts my grandmother cajoled into my freezer, and some mushrooms and onion and of course the wine! (due to a minor fridge storage incident, we had less wine than previously known, however, Kayla had brought me wine too, but at the time I had no corkscrew. We popped that open tonight too, and had a glass of the new stuff to go with the meal!)
It was so good! Of course, now I have extra mushrooms! So the meal planning marathon begins!

As for the rest of tonight, I think more Six Feet Under, since I am determined to finish watching the rest of it by the end of the month.

I have the next two days off, and I am determined to finish Lauren's abstract paintings, and read the art history book Celia borrowed for me, and who knows what else!

No comments:

Post a Comment