Wednesday, July 1, 2009

UP!; Steppenwolf; Books Through Bars

In recent news, Hans was neutered on Monday. He also received all his kitty shots. He is healing nicely, and (thank god) has been slightly more calm and sleepy.

Myself? I've been avoiding the abstract painting, but am about to start a new one, which will hopefully inspire me to work on the others.

Sunday night I saw UP! with Laura and Jordan. I liked it, however not nearly as much as WallE.

Also, have I mentioned my love for Hermann Hesse's Steppenwolf? How have I not read this before? It is so perfect, and I am taking my sweet time reading it, thoroughly enjoying everything about it.

Hans has discovered that he can be closer to me by making use of the bathroom sink, while do my hair and makeup. Also, its easier to jump onto my shirt from the sink.
I planted some poppy seeds, yesterday.
The tomato seedlings are doing nicely.
The tomato is growing big and deliciously. In other news, I came home from work the other day to smell something rather chemically, and was immediately annoyed that they had sprayed for bugs without my consent. Then I realized that the roof was radiating white light- they had actually painted the roof, avoiding moving the pots beneath the bathroom window, but somehow the baby pepper had been decapitated. :(
The basil is doing really well, which means I'll have to think up something extra basily to make.

I am finally dwindling down my list of things to get, and I hung some useful kitchen items on the wall-space between the stove and the fridge.
Oh Hans.

Last night Celia took me to Books Through Bars, which has open volunteer nights Tuesdays and every other Saturday. Inmates write letters requesting books, specifically, or vaguely, and volunteers read them and package donated books from this very well stocked building. We were there for about an hour. It was good, and we certainly got more familiar with where things were toward the end. It was also interesting for me to observe a sweet romance occuring to our right, since apparently people will use any social situation as a chance for picking someone up.

No comments:

Post a Comment