Monday, July 20, 2009

Rocket Cats!

I realized the other day that Hans now has the adolescent face, but it was hard to capture. I'm sure one of these days the camera will see it too.
If you glance back to some earlier posts, you can see it too.

I never posted this, but Celestine had posted this on facebook, before I ever met them. What a difference? He is so hansom now!
I can hardly believe it was so easy to grow these scallions. Literally, just pop 'em in some earth and voila!
The First eggplant flowering!
The cucumbers are spreading rapidly, with sort of nowhere to go, so I helped this guy lean against the window and he is holding on to dear life, wrapping some tentacles around the scallions.
That big tomato is gone. I think some squirrels are in for a beating. It hadn't even turned red yet, but these new guys are growing really fast. Too fast for squirrels I hope.
My baby tomatoes. I doubt they'll get to live out their lives by the time winter hits. :(
Lunch was had today at Rocket Cat Cafe. A delicious Portebello Mushroom sandwich on pita. I sat out back, and had the place all to myself for the most part. It reminds me of Berlin. I love Berlin...
Reading up on some art history, with some iced coffee.
And then in a matter of minutes it was flooded with children and I scrambled to get out.

The repair man was here today, and I had mentioned that I would be interested in working out something if the landlord was willing to replace some of the windows, in order to keep the heat in the apartment come wintertime (since things around here seem to take much longer than they should) and it seems as though the kitchen window might be replaced, but he is right in that the bedroom windows are still pretty new. Either way, the kitchen one definitely does need repair. So, check and mate, window!
Back to art history, please!

7 comments:

  1. That Rocket Cat Cafe looks pretty snazzy all tucked away back there.

    With every post, I grow more and more anxious to visit Fishtown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is quite quaint! and i would love you to visit! when is this likely to happen? should we have a few of us here for an evening? i don't know how long is worthwhile for people to drive for such an evening, but of course i have a couch and tons of floor space...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. It is everything that a blog should be. I wish I had a blog like this. You should make it into a book someday

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do see that adolescent kitty face

    ReplyDelete
  5. how do they grow up so fast?! How do i keep him young forever?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. remember kittens in a bottle?

    (not a suggestion, just a remember when!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well truth be told i was inspired by http://impressionsinthesidewalk.blogspot.com/ and (*edit: yelena's blog, http://prague-blague.blogspot.com/), which I find to be much more impressive than mine. but thank you anyway, and yes it is great to think "Ah, that is pretty cool. And if I take a photo of it, I can post it on my blog" sort of like a productive living via documentary intentions. :)

    ReplyDelete