Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Van, Sophie, veggies, Project Basho, movies.

I have done the farmers markets with several different people. Lately Jess has been driving the van. The first time I felt pretty scared of her driving: the second time it was fine. This past Thursday I worked with a new girl Rebecca, who I liked very much. She was new: I drove the van. Apparently, though, it really doesn't matter if there are small accidents here and there, since the van is horribly dinged up, and Laura told us some stories about one girl who keeps hitting busses, parked vans, poles, and even drove into a ditch. All this prefaces the note taped to the dash.
After Bastille Day, I went to visit Celia. Celia lives in University City by Laura and Jordan, and the drive is just close enough to be close. She lives with some roommates, one of whom has a surprisingly cute (and incredibly sweet) Italian Greyhound named Sophie.
Celia loves Sophie.
Sophie loves the lobster Celia bought her.
I love tasty salads with fresh fruit!
Hans loves nibbling at my growing tomato plants.
But they don't seem to mind.
Oh and did I mention those scallions I bought to put in the salmon pasta dish I had to make because of the leftover sushi salmon? Well, I ended up having to make tuna salad with scallions. I still have scallions. And apparently I will continue to have scallions for quite some time since the internet suggested I pop them back in some earth and they will re-grow. Like starfish, in my own backyard... roof.
Meanwhile another baby tomato was born.
While the other one grows (seriously, you can't tell from the photo, but its as big as my foot, at least).
At the farmers market on Saturday, a little girl was scoffing at some vegetables. One of the Lancaster boys quietly explained to her that tomatoes used to be flowers too. I found this to be one of the sweetest comments I have ever heard.


I emailed Project Basho today, since one of the bakery girls, Sarah, told me that she volunteers there once a week in order to get free darkroom time. (UHHH SWEET!) AND it's in Fishtown.

In the meantime, tomorrow is Transformers2 with ESP, however, I didn't actually realize that everyone hating the idea of going to see this atrocity meant that no one would actually go. This surprised me today. I really hope there are more than the 4 of us who are signed up. What a bummer.
Even if it sucks, I finally discovered Penn's Landing free Thursday movies. Guess where I'll be on Thursdays from now on? Dark Knight in a few weeks, anyone?

1 comment: